Learn how to embed a Spotify playlist in WordPress in this fool-proof guide.
Spotify and similar services have altered the music industry’s landscape. Many music fans have stopped downloading music as a result of these streaming choices.
These services, however, have introduced new tools to the WordPress blogger’s toolkit. It’s easy to share music media on a WordPress website using Spotify.
How to Embed Spotify Playlist WordPress
First Step: Obtain Playlist URL
- Open Spotify app.
- Click the more icon or three dots next to a playlist or a particular song.
- If you are using the Desktop app select Share > Embed playlist.
- Just click Copy to copy the embed code.
Second Step: Copying the Embed Code in WordPress Posts, or in Widget
Method 1: Embed Spotify Playlist via the Classic Editor
This is the easiest way to embed the Spotify playlist. Simply copy the URL from Spotify and directly paste it in the classic editor.
Simply select Text for the editing mode to apply the embed code automatically.
Then Publish and Preview the post.
Method 2: Embed Spotify Playlist via the WordPress Block Editor
- Go to your New Post and Add New Post.
- When in the editor click Add Block.
- Search for and select the Custom HTML.
- Paste the embed you copied from Spotify from the steps above.
- Just click Save Draft or Publish and try to Preview it for testing.
Method 3: Embedding via Widget
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Widgets.
- Select the widget area you want the Spotify to embed to show.
- Add a Widget and select the Text Widget.
- Paste the Spotify embed code you copied earlier.
- Save your changes.