Is your WordPress dashboard’s Updates tab stuck on “Another Update is Currently in Progress”? Do you need to update a plugin or theme right away?
You’ve undoubtedly been putting off updating for a long time, and now you’re running out of time.
We understand. You’ve got a lot of other things to do.
Don’t worry, there’s a way out of this.
Fix 1: Database Method
- This fix needs you to access your database in order to be successful.
- All you have to do is log in to your Cpanel then under the Databases container, click the phpMyAdmin link.
- Next, you have to select your WordPress Database and the tables will appear on the right side of the page.
- Click browse to wp_options table to show its content.
- You have to find the row with the option name “core_updater.lock”.
- You can safely delete this row and the error “WordPress another update is currently in progress” will disappear.
Fix 2: Install a Plugin
- If you are not good at doing things manually and wanted to fix the error faster, this method is for you.
- This is the easiest method to fix the “WordPress another update is currently in progress” error.
- You go install and activate this Fix Another Update Plugin in your WordPress website.
- After activation, open the plugin page by going to Settings > Fix Another Update in Progress.
- All you have to do is to click the Fix WordPress Update Lock button and you’re done.